• Building and testing survival shelters
• Hunting and Trapping methods
|• Fire building techniques
• Evening activities in the comfort of main camp
Survival Course Main Camp
The main winter camp consists of a single dining tent with all the comforts of home, and tents with cots and wood burning stoves for sleeping accommodation. Summer camps are more mobile due to the use of light tents and outdoor cooking under tarp shelters and screen tents. The camp and survival excercise locations can change depending on seasonal conditions such as fire hazards, floods, etc. and to reduce the impact on selected areas.
Course enrollment costs $140 per person per day plus 5% GST and a 5% provincial sales tax. Total cost: 3 day packages cost $462 and the 5 day packages cost $770.
Our trip includes:
• Airport Pickup When Applicable
• Transportation from Main Camp to Instruction Sites
• Daily Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper
• Two-Person Tents with Cot and Wood Burning Stove for Winter Courses. Lighter tents are provided for summer camps.
• Three or Five Days of Instruction (Depending on the Package Chosen)
• Instruction Manual of Survival Techniques Written and Illustrated by Marcel Prefontaine of SOS Wilderness Survival Inc.